- Thursday, October 1, 2020 – Thursday, October 22, 2020 (11:59pm EST)
Eligibility Criteria for Applying
- Small, women and/or minority-owned businesses (SWaM Businesses)
- Hampton Roads based for-profit and non-profit businesses
- 2-100 employees (including owner, contract and 1099 employees)
- In business for a minimum of 2 years
- Annual revenues of between $50,000 and $5,000,000
- Suffered a negative economic impact from COVID-19 or social justice demonstrations
What are eligible uses of the We Care 757 Rebuild Project funding for businesses?
- Employee compensation (including wages and benefits)
- Working capital
- Equipment Inventory
- Rent/ mortgage
- Other business-critical operating expenses
Application Open Date
- Thursday, October 1, 2020
- Thursday, October 22, 2020 at 11:59pm EST
Grant recipients notified:
- Friday, November 13, 2020
What supporting documentation is required?
- Copy of most recent filed tax returns or Form 990
- IRS W-9
- A financial statement of impact
Will all eligible small businesses receive funding, or is this a competitive process?
- Once all applicants are screened for eligibility, a committee composed of community representatives will consider each eligible application and make the final decision on grant awards.
Is a business owner considered an employee?
Do 1099 or contract employees qualify as employees?
How will I know my application has been received?
- You will be notified by email.
If I have received funds from the Small Business Administration from the Paycheck Protection Program or the Emergency Injury Disaster Loan program, can I still be eligible for the We Care RVA Rebuild Fund?
Grant recipients will receive:
- Micro grant valued at $2,500 – $10,000
- Opportunity to request business coaching technical assistance
Want to join in the effort to support local small businesses by donating to the We Care 757 Rebuild Project? Contact Gil Bland, President, The Urban League of Hampton Roads at email@example.com
Accessibility, Alternate Setting and Accommodation of Disabilities
All disabilities are managed on an as needed basis. The Urban League of Hampton Roads, Inc. office is located on the first floor. Doorways to the building entrance and offices are ADA accessible. Regardless of the impairment counseling services are delivered face-to-face, telephone, home visits, etc. to the following individuals:
- Hearing Impaired
- Accessibility needs