COVID-19 has devastated the business community and in an unimaginable way, minority business owners find themselves hit harder. A significant sponsorship by Capital One Positions your Brand as sensitive to this emergent need. This passthrough sponsorship further capitalizes this fund and allows us to make grands for those hardest hit by the pandemic.
Accepting the invitation to partner allows us to service the technical assistance need as well as the need for capital.
Grant Program Purpose
- To support small, minority- and women-owned businesses adversely impacted by COVID-19 or the social justice demonstrations.
Grant Operations Dates
- Application Portal will open on Thursday October 1
- Application Portal will close on Thursday, October 22
- Grant awardees will be notified on Friday, November 6
- Between $2,500 and $10,000
- Two-way corporate partnership of Urban League of Hampton Roads and Black BRAND, Hampton Roads regional Black Chamber of Commerce.
- Platinum Corporate Partnership Listing on Black BRAND website with logo placement
- Prominent sponsor logo placement on Urban League website
- Press Release announcing partnership to all local and statewide news outlets plus media push through Dominion Energy’s Media Channels
- One-year programming partnership invitation to include six events focused on consumer deb management, business credit, and improving financial literacy
- 88.1 FM and Black Wall Street Today Radio Show Sponsorship to include a 30 second spot for one month plus a quarterly radio show interview
- Sponsorship Listing and Digital Advertisement with Virtual Black Diamond Weekend to include “The View” style host invitation
- Invitation to partner with Community Development Financial Institution to provide capital through venture fund to support minority entrepreneurs
Eligibility Criteria for Applying
- Small, women and/or minority-owned businesses (SWaM Businesses)
- Hampton Roads based for-profit and non-profit businesses
- 2-100 employees (including owner, contract and 1099 employees)
- In business for a minimum of 2 years
- Annual revenues of between $50,000 and $5,000,000
- Suffered a negative economic impact from COVID-19 or social justice demonstrations
- Must have a brick and mortar location, unless all other criteria apply.
Eligible Fund Uses
- Employee compensation (including wages and benefits)
- Working capital
- Equipment Inventory
- Rent/ mortgage
- Other business-critical operating expenses
- Insurance deductibles or denied claims
- Copy of most recent filed tax returns or Form 990
- IRS W-9
- A financial statement of impact
Accessibility, Alternate Setting and Accommodation of Disabilities
All disabilities are managed on an as needed basis. The Urban League of Hampton Roads, Inc. office is located on the first floor. Doorways to the building entrance and offices are ADA accessible. Regardless of the impairment counseling services are delivered face-to-face, telephone, home visits, etc. to the following individuals:
- Hearing Impaired
- Accessibility needs