Providing Housing Opportunities for the HAMPTON ROADS Community
The Urban League of Hampton Roads, Inc. is a US Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) HUD Approved Counseling Agency that has been Empowering People & Changing Lives since 1978. The Housing and Financial Capabilities Center EDUCATES and EMPOWERS individuals and families seeking to improve their housing options within the Hampton Roads area.
We offer comprehensive one-on-one counseling and workshops designed to safeguard homeownership and prevent homelessness. Counselors at the Urban League of Hampton Roads, Inc. are certified from the Virginia Association of Housing Counselors and seek to provide information and access to affordable housing in each of the 7 cities that we serve.
In 2013-2014, the Housing Program had over 1,000 one-on-one counseling sessions and educated over 400 people through workshops that:
- Provided guidance to future homeowners so they understand the entire Home buying process, which may be the largest purchase of their life.
- Help existing homeowners address their needs and navigate the many options regarding refinancing or resolving mortgage delinquency through our Foreclosure Prevention services.
- Assisted the homeless and renters in distress to help them secure permanent, safe and affordable housing.
Regardless of your housing needs the Urban League of Hampton Roads, Inc. is available to educate and guide you towards your goals. We have 3 locations to serve you; call 757-627-0864 or email Ulhradmin@ulhr.org to schedule an appointment today.
- First Time Homebuyer
- Foreclosure Prevention
- Financial Fitness
- Pre-purchase Client Document Checklist Form
- Mortgage Solution Forclosure Prevention Client Document Checklist Form